Sunday, January 7, 2007

Fantastic PA Farm Show

Wow! Took a trip with dearOne to the Farm Show on Saturday night. Haven't been since 1970. We had an enjoyable evening with the masses...watched the Tandem Teams in the Equine Arena and I picked the winning team out of the 12 teams! Walked to the Large Arena and squeezed into the nose bleed section, had to stand at the rail to watch high school girls Barrel Race with their well groomed steeds. Each venue surpassed the previous until I found the section of spinners and weavers....met Greta from Persimmon Tree Farm www.angoragoat.com spinning a beautiful hand dyed mohair in shade of misty blues, hushed greens, pale rose and blushing browns...what an art. Her wares were a delight to the senses....I walked from bin to bin caressing each one until I found 3 I couldn't put down. We shared a wonderful time, conversing and sharing how much we enjoy ...Greta at the wheel and me with the sticks...after our goodbyes, I meet Elaine from Out of Hand www.ccrfuzzy.com she took time away from her spinning wheel to educate me on the different angoras. I fell in love (and lust) with the Satin Angora (in red)....a must have, albeit not that night..I took her business card and said I'd be in touch....Greta told me about the Maryland Wool and Fiber Show in May, so I'm Googling to get more details...I told Greta, it sounds like a perfect "ya-ya" road trip for my girlfriends! More later. Oh, one more thing. . . I lost one of my #11's and have torn the house up searching.....grumble!

No comments: