Thursday, May 17, 2007

Met my Upstream No Sheep Swap Pal

Just received an e-mail from my upstream swap pal. Her name is June and she sounds delightful...and she's the youngest of 10 children! I am looking forward to getting to know more about her. She shared that she participates in a Mystery Swap, which is similiar to the NSSP, except she knows who her partner is....the mystery part is what type of item is provided...that's right item. Apparently, each partner supplies one skein of yarn (their choice) to the other...then the partner knits an item using the skein provided... By knowing your partner, you have a good idea of what she might like. My pal said she knit and felted a bowl then filled it with potpourri and sent it to her friend. Doesn't that sound too cool!

My downstream swap pal contacted me to get the general info and all that...and she gave me a great idea...not that it is anything new...but getting involved with a knitting group....that got me thinking that perhaps I should contact a few ladies to see if we want to get together one night per month for a knitting/book club social.....I think it would be really nice to do and would set aside one evening for a ya-ya event....so we'll see what happens....I'll keep you posted.

No comments: